Terms & Conditions

In the following terms & conditions “the photographer” shall mean Candice Dawson. These terms & conditions cannot be varied in any way by the clients unless such conditions are expressly agreed by the photographer in writing. 

1. COPYRIGHT

i. The copyright Designs and Patents Acts assign the copyright of the images to the photographer.  

2. DISPLAY

i. The client(s) hereby allow(s) the photographer to display any photograph covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, sample albums etc. 

3. CREATIVE LICENSE, COVERAGE AND REPRODUCTION

i. Photographs taken during the course of the event will be at the discretion of the photographer although every effort will be made to comply with the clients requirements. 

ii. Special requests are not binding instruction, although every effort is made to comply with the client's wishes. The Photographer/s will do their best to honour the requested photographs but do not undertake to guarantee any specific picture nor incorporate any specific background, location or group arrangements due to changes in weather an the availability and willingness of subjects.

iii. For a booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer's movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the photographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer's choice and the photographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case. 

iv. Due to a variety of lighting conditions and the limitations of digital sensors, some colours may alter throughout a set of photographs. 

v. Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure. 

4. PAYMENT

i. Agreed Payment in full will be due two weeks before the wedding day. Refusal to pay prior to event will result in cancellation of booking.

ii. Additional goods ordered must be paid for in full at the time of ordering. 

iII. Titles to all goods remains with the photographer until paid for in full by the client(s) 

5. FORCE MAJEURE

i. In the very unlikely events of cancellation by the photographer or of total photographic failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund of any fees paid. 

ii. The photographer will endeavour to put the client(s) in touch with another photographer in the event they are unable to attend on the wedding date due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding, traffic conditions, vehicle breakdown etc. 

6. DIGITAL NEGATIVE FILES

i. All digital negatives (computer files) remain the property of the photographer. All digital wedding packages include a copy of the edited digital negatives to the client(s) for their own non-commercial use.

ii. Should the digital negative files be lost, damaged of destroyed for the reasons beyond control, the photographers liability shall be limited to a full refund of any deposits and fees paid, but shall not include a refund for any goods already received.

7. ON THE DAY

i. The photographer will be the sole professional (still) photographer at the venues specified. The photographer does however positively encourage family, friends and other guests to take photographs throughout the day.

ii. duration of photography will be discussed and agreed upon prior to photographer arrival. Any changes to arrival or departure times will be need to be agreed upon in writing prior to event.

8. PERSONAL ACCIDENT

i. Any directions issued to clients, their guests or employees during a photographic shoot are deemed to be at said persons own risk. The photographer cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a photographic shoot. 

9. CANCELLATION FEES

i. If the client(s) should have to cancel a booking the following cancellation fees will become due immediately upon said cancellation: 

II. cancellations made with more than two weeks to go until event. All booking fees will be returned in full within 48 hours.

Iii. Cancellation with less than two weeks to go until Event, The photographer will return 80% of the booking fee within 48 hours. Remaining 20% of the booking fee will be retained by the photographer.

10. DELIVERY

i. The photographer will endeavour to deliver digital negative files as quickly as possible. However this could take up to 4-6 weeks during busy periods.